According report from Fabrizio Romano on Here We Go Podcast, “Borussia Dortmund position is ‘we have not recieved any bid for from Chelsea as of today for Erling Haaland’. They are still convinced that Haaland is staying.”
Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland has shown no indication that he is willing to leave the German club this summer, according to reports.
Chelsea have been heavily linked with the 20-year-old Norway international as he is their main priority in the transfer window.
However, as per Liam Twomey, there is no indication yet that Haaland is inclined to push to leave Dortmund this summer.
Chelsea are in a position to spend big this summer and their intent will be shown by how much they are willing to offer to try to land Haaland this summer as Dortmund value the striker at £150 million.
However, Dortmund can hold the striker until next summer, when his £68 million release clause becomes active.
The Blues have made the first move, discussing a potential deal involving Tammy Abraham or Callum Hudson-Odoi in exchange for the forward but this was dismissed by the Germans.
Tuchel’s men have also eyed alternatives in Inter Milan’s Romelu Lukaku and Tottenham’s Harry Kane but Haaland ramains the number one target.
What Thomas Tuchel has said on summer acquisitions
“Two or three (signings) could be very, very good. It’s a constant thing to never deny change; that you always bring new energy, new guys who question the old beliefs, who challenge everybody in the training and in matches, so I think it’s a good thing.
“We don’t need another seven and another complete turnover because it’s also our job to keep on improving, because we have still a young squad and it’s not about stealing from them the chance to prove it again, that they are capable of growing and evolving. But we have some ideas, of course, to make the group stronger, and I think this can always be a positive thing to challenge all of us.”
Borussia Dortmund remain firm on their stance that Erling Haaland will not leave the club this summer, according to reports.
The German side have maintained that the Norwegian forward, who has attracted heavy interest from Chelsea after a sensational 2020/21 campaign, will stay put at the Signal Iduna Park next season.
Despite Dortmund’s desire to block a move for the 20-year-old, Chelsea have been hot in their pursuit of the ex-Red Bull Salzburg star, who has a release clause worth €75 million in his contract that will become active next year.
As per the latest information from BILD Sport’s Sven Westerschulze, Dortmund are insistent on keeping Haaland at the club next season, and have stated that their talisman will neither be sold nor swapped this summer.
It was reported further on Friday that Dortmund are ‘unaware’ of Chelsea’ attempts to include one of Tammy Abraham and Callum Hudson-Odoi in their pursuit of Haaland.
Clubs vesting interest in Abraham, such as Aston Villa, West Ham and Arsenal, have been told that the club are trying to strike a deal with Dortmund that would see the 23-year-old head the other way.
However, it was mentioned earlier on Friday that there is ‘no possibility’ of the German giants agreeing to Chelsea’s offer to include their academy graduate in a player-plus-cash deal for their star striker.
Additionally, Callum Hudson-Odoi, who was heavily linked with a switch to Bayern Munich a few years back, had also been mooted as makeweight as Chelsea look for alternative approaches to land Haaland this summer.
Chelsea have been chasing Haaland’s signature for months and after securing Champions League glory, Blues boss Thomas Tuchel is keen to bolster in search of domestic glory next term.
Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland’s entourage are aware of the interest from Chelsea this summer, according to Le Parisien journalist Julien Laurens.
As per Julien Laurens via ESPN FC, Haaland’s father Alfie Haaland and agent Mino Raiola are aware of Chelsea’s interest in the 20-year-old.
“I’ve spoken to Mino Raiola and Alfie Haaland, they know that this interest is concrete,” said Laurens on the YouTube channel.
The journalist continued: “The thing is, there is this 75 million Euro release clause next year, and Borussia Dortmund is saying ‘until then, he’s staying with us. We don’t care how much money you offer.’”